Choose from the sub-categories below or just scroll down

Housing Resources and Information
Supportive Housing
Subsidized Housing
Emergency Housing

Housing Resources and Information

Burnside Gorge Community Association
The Homeless Families Outreach Project helps families who are homeless or at
risk of becoming homeless to find shelter and/or maintain their housing.
Generally, these are single parents with young children, although the agency
also works with two-parent and extended families and pregnant homeless
484 Cecelia Road
Victoria V8T 4T5
Phone: 388-5251
Phone: 388-5271 (BGCA Housing Department)
Fax: 388-5269

Victoria Youth Empowerment Society (YES)
Information & assistance for youth (ages 13-19) on how to secure safe &
appropriate accommodation, including how to secure finances. Program links
youth to landlords willing to rent to youth & who offer safe, appropriate, &
affordable accommodations. YES works with the Kiwanis Youth Shelter.
533 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1K7
Phone: 383-3514

Society of Saint Vincent de Paul – Housing
St. Vincent de Paul Centre provides low cost housing in the centre of downtown Victoria. The Centre provides 43 bachelor suites to at risk individuals. A balance between men and women tenants is maintained. Our staff at Housing work hard to make all tenants feel at home. There are regular monthly activities planned such as cooking classes, craft workshops, yoga classes, movie afternoons and luncheons.
4353 West Saanich Road,
Victoria, BC V8Z 3E8
Phone: 250-727-0007

Residential Tenancy Office
For information regarding housing procedures, legal advice, and tenant
1019 Wharf Street
Victoria, BC V8V 1X4
Phone: 387-1602

Tenants Rights Action Coalition (TRAC)
Tenants’ Rights Information Line provides information and will send a copy
of the Tenant’s Survival Guide which has information on tenants’ rights.
Phone: 1-800-665-1185

Return to top of page

Supportive Housing

Youth Prenatal and Parenting Program – Boys & Girls Club of Victoria
The Youth Prenatal & Parenting Program (YP3) helps young women who are pregnant or in the early months of parenting (aged 13-24) youth by facilitating independent living in a Care Family home, for up to one year, and promotes positive parenting strategies through one-on-one and group counselling. Each youth is paired with a Youth and Family Counsellor who will support them to develop life skills, access community resources, increase knowledge of infant care, and encourage healthy relationships. Through supported independent living in a stable and caring environment, the young moms can acquire the skills needed to reach their potential as independent women and skilled parents.
301-1195 Esquimalt Rd.
Phone: 250-384-9133
Fax: 250-384-9136

Subsidized Housing

Kiwanis Vic West Housing Society
The society operates K-West at 222-224 Esquimalt Road in Victoria. Rents are
geared to income and can be subsidised by BC Housing. Tenants are selected
based on need.
Kiwanis Village Society
1419 Mallek Crescent
Victoria V8T 2R3
Phone: 595-0331
Fax: 595-6106

BC Housing – Subsidized Housing
Housing for people with low incomes.
201-3440 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8Z 3L5
Phone: 250-475-7550

Subsidized and Low Rent Housing – Capital Region Housing Corporation
Provide affordable housing for low and middle-income families and those with
special needs. Rent charges for subsidized units are based on 30% of gross
631 Fisgard Street
Victoria, BC
Phone: 388-6422

Return to top of page

Emergency Housing

Victoria Women’s Transition House
Provides crisis line, safe shelter & temporary accommodation (with or
without children) for up to one month, and counselling services for women in
abusive relationship. Access to community resources.
Suite 100-3060 Cedar Hill Road
Victoria, BC V8T 3J5 (community office)
Phone: (250) 592-2927
24 hour Crisis Line: 250-385-6611

Greater Victoria Women’s Shelter Society (GVWSS) – Margaret Laurence House
The Greater Victoria Women’s Shelter Society is a small non-profit community group with a mandate to provide supportive housing for women and their children. Our current central program is Margaret Laurence House which provides second stage housing and support for women and their children leaving abusive relationships.
Box 5291, Station B
Victoria, BC V8R 6N4

The Cridge Transition House for Women
The Cridge Transition House is a safe place for women with or without children who are escaping violence or abuse in their homes. Abuse can be emotional, psychological or physical.Phone: 250-479-3963 (24 hours per day)

Victoria Cool Aid Society
Cool Aid has over 125 residents in its three permanent shelters:
Sandy Merriman House is an Emergency Shelter for Homeless and at risk women. We use an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female” and we welcome trans women, gender fluid and non-binary people.
Rock Bay Landing – Emergency Shelter and Transitional Housing
Next Steps Transitional Shelter
#101-749 Pandora Ave.
Victoria V8W 1N9
Phone: 250-383-1977
Fax: 250-383-1639
Email: (click on shelter or housing)

Casa Maria Emergency Housing Society
Provides emergency, temporary housing for homeless families and offers
support for families in crisis.
#21-1241 Balmoral Road
Victoria, BC V8T 1B2
Phone: 250-386-7291

Cridge Supportive Transitional Housing
A 31-Unit, low rent townhouse complex in a supportive community setting for
families moving from a crisis situation to one of self-reliance, personal
safety and stability. Focus on families escaping abusive relationships and
also immigrant and refugee families.
1307 Hillside Ave.
Victoria, BC V8T 2B3
Phone: 250-384-5267

Ocean Island Hostel
Affordable student dorm-style housing downtown.
791 Pandora Ave.
Victoria, BC V8W 1N9
Phone: 250-385-1789 or call Toll-Free 1-888-888-4180

 Hostelling International Victoria
516 Yates Street,
Victoria BC V8W 1K8
Phone: 250-385-4511

University of Victoria Housing
UVic offers a listings service of off-campus accommodations.

Return to top of page