Choose from the sub-categories below or just scroll down

Housing Resources and Information
Supportive Housing
Subsidized Housing
Emergency Housing

Housing Resources and Information

Burnside Gorge Community Association

The Homeless Families Outreach Project helps families who are homeless or at
risk of becoming homeless to find shelter and/or maintain their housing.
Generally, these are single parents with young children, although the agency
also works with two-parent and extended families and pregnant homeless
484 Cecelia Road
Victoria V8T 4T5
Phone: 388-5251
Phone: 388-5271 (BGCA Housing Department)
Fax: 388-5269

Victoria Youth Empowerment Society (YES)

Information & assistance for youth (ages 13-19) on how to secure safe &
appropriate accommodation, including how to secure finances. Program links
youth to landlords willing to rent to youth & who offer safe, appropriate, &
affordable accommodations. YES works with the Kiwanis Youth Shelter.
533 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1K7
Phone: 383-3514

Society of Saint Vincent de Paul – Housing

Housing for low income urban singles. Applicants must have a stable mental
disability; or, past chemical dependency; or, homeless or living in
substandard accommodations for at least six months, or, low income urban
singles under $20,000 annual income, plus be in a cycle of spending more
than 40% of gross income on housing, and willing to participate in social
living skills/community readiness programs. May be of any gender, 19 – 65
years of age, willing to be assessed by a medical doctor as meeting the
selection criteria
#100-831 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1M1
Phone: 382-2709

Residential Tenancy Office

For information regarding housing procedures, legal advice, and tenant
1019 Wharf Street
Victoria, BC V8V 1X4
Phone: 387-1602

Tenants Rights Action Coalition (TRAC)

Tenants’ Rights Information Line provides information and will send a copy
of the Tenant’s Survival Guide which has information on tenants’ rights.
Phone: 1-800-665-1185

Return to top of page

Supportive Housing

Boys & Girls Care Home Program

The Care Home Parenting Program provides housing, life skills, training,
support and counselling for young women approximately age 16-21 yeas of age
who are pregnant or in the early months of parenting. The program offers
Care Homes suites and four Outreach (non-housing) resources. Care Home
services are available until the baby is approximately six months old. All
participants will be assigned a key worker for individual support and will
meet with other program participants on a regular basis for peer support,
life skills courses, and parenting workshops. An application is required to
be considered for this program.
1240 Yates Street
Victoria BC V8V 3N3
Pager: 480-3050
Phone: 384-9133
Fax: 384-9136

Subsidized Housing

Kiwanis Vic West Housing Society

The society operates K-West at 222-224 Esquimalt Road in Victoria. Rents are
geared to income and can be subsidised by BC Housing. Tenants are selected
based on need.
Kiwanis Village Society
1419 Mallek Crescent
Victoria V8T 2R3
Phone: 595-0331
Fax: 595-6106
E-mail: kiwanisvillage@shaw.ca

BC Ministry of Community BC Housing – Subsidized Housing

Housing for people with low incomes. Contains main housing agencies database
and will contact each agency for the individual or family. Rent is
calculated on 30% of total gross family income).
301-3440 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8Z 3L5
Phone: 475-7550

Subsidized and Low Rent Housing – Capital Region Housing Corporation

Provide affordable housing for low and middle-income families and those with
special needs. Rent charges for subsidized units are based on 30% of gross
631 Fisgard Street
Victoria, BC
Phone: 388-6422

Return to top of page

Emergency Housing

Victoria Women’s Transition House

Provides crisis line, safe shelter & temporary accommodation (with or
without children) for up to one month, and counselling services for women in
abusive relationship. Access to community resources.
Suite 100-3060 Cedar Hill Road
Victoria, BC V8T 3J5 (community office)
Phone: (250) 385-6611; (250) 380-7527

Greater Victoria Women’s Shelter Society (GVWSS) – Margaret Laurence House

For women with children who have left an abusive relationship. Provides
housing, support, counselling support, referrals, advocacy, and group work
on various issues. Rent paid based on financial situation.
Box 8237
Victoria, BC V8W 3R8
Phone: 995-0058

Hill House Transition House

A temporary shelter for women and their children who have been physically or
emotionally abused and need emergency services. Food and shelter are
provided for up to 30 days. Counselling and support are also available.
Phone: 479-3963 (also with 24 Hour crisis line)

Victoria Cool Aid Society

Sandy Merriman House Emergency Shelter for Women
Cool Aid operates a diverse range of social and health services directed at those in our community who are most vulnerable.
The Victoria Cool Aid Society
#102-749 Pandora Ave.
Victoria V8W 1N9
Phone: 383-1977
Fax: 383-1639
www.coolaid.org (click on shelter or housing)

Casa Maria Emergency Housing Society

Provides emergency, temporary housing for homeless families and offers
support for families in crisis. Provides referrals to community services.
Leases are for 1 year, renewable to a maximum of 3 years, based on monthly
income and need.
#21-1241 Balmoral Road
Victoria, BC V8T 1B2
Phone: 386-7291

M’akola Housing

Provides affordable housing for First Nations people on Vancouver Island.
Offers subsidized rental housing, based on income.
2009 Fernwood Road
Victoria, BC
Phone: 384-1423

Cridge Centre for Family – Supportive Transitional Housing
(formerly Hayward

A 31-Unit, low rent townhouse complex in a supportive community setting for
families moving from a crisis situation to one of self-reliance, personal
safety and stability. Focus on families escaping abusive relationships and
also new immigrant families.
1190 Kings Road
Victoria, BC V8T 1X7
Phone: 995-6418
E-mail: mgoley@cridge.org

Ocean Island Hostel

Affordable student dorm-style housing downtown.
791 Pandora Ave.
Victoria, BC V8W 1N9
Phone: 385-1788 or 385-1789 or call Toll-Free 1-888-888-4180

Selkirk Guest House

Affordable student dorm-style housing with shared kitchen and bathrooms
934 Selkirk Avenue
Victoria, BC . V9A 2V1
Phone: 389-1213; Toll-Free 1-800-974-6638

Victoria Youth Hostel

Can to stay up to 2 weeks.
516 Yates Street, Victoria BC
Phone: 385-4511

University of Victoria Housing

UVic offers a listings service of off-campus accommodations.
Phone: 721-8431
E-mail: liisag@uvic.ca

Streetlink Emergency Shelter

Emergency shelter for adults (male or female) 18 years or older (no
children). Night accommodation and 3 meals provided for residents.
Residents cannot be visibly under the influence. Provides, beds, meals,
referrals, hygiene services, mental health services, housing advocacy,
community liaison & crisis lifeskills counselling. Non-residents can get
meals at 3:15pm. Can stay up to 10 days a month.
1634 Store Street
Victoria, BC
Phone: 383-1951


Return to top of page